About Polo Properties, LLC
Polo Properties, LLC is a leading mini storage consulting and management company targeting Self Storage and Residential Development opportunities. We partner with the best contractors in the industry as well as key industry associations, allowing us to deliver top-notch development, facilities and management.
Polo Properties, LLC was founded in 1994 in Cheyenne, WY by Michael Humphrey. Since then, Mike has consulted on several projects along the “Front Range” during which time he has facilitated and built relationships with over 50 subcontractors from Colorado Springs to Cheyenne.
Some self-storage projects of note:
- 1995, built first facility from the ground up; sold for 205% profit
- 1997, completed 1.4 Million Dollar facility in 8 months
- 1999, 1.9 Million Dollar facility from site location to "open for business" in 9 months
- 2000, 2.4 Million Dollar facility in 10 months
- 2001, acquired 22,000 square foot facility, currently at 100% occupancy
- 2005 won government contract out of 13 RFP submitters for a Public-Private venture with the Army, built the facility in 2005 and reached 100% occupancy by 2000 leading to an addition in 2007 that reached 100% occupancy 5 months post construction
- 2009 added 64,000 sf of self storage to 5 Acres of 40 Acre site
- 2010 sold 3 properties as a portfolio sale a National REIT-Extra Space Storage for an industry leading CAP rate
- 2011 purchased bank owned self storage with RV and boat with a 51% occupancy at time of purchase, currently at 93.6%
- 2013 added another 5 acres to RV and Boat storage, currently have over 900 spaces and continuously runs at 95-100% occupancy
Some Real Estate development projects of note:
- 1998 developed 640 ranch into a wildlife project along with creation of 2 wetlands projects to enhance waterfowl habitat
- 2000 developed 8 commercial zoned acres to include a 5 acre self storage facility along with 2 commercial lots
- 2002 developed 85 acres of raw ground into a high end lake community 29 lot subdivision
- 2006 developed a 40 acre commercial and light industrial site to include 9 acres of RV and boat storage and later expanded to 64,000 sq ft or self storage and an additional 4.5 acres of RV and Boat storage
- 2007 developed 320 acres into 63 rural lots with over 100 acres open space spread throughout
- 2009 developed 900 acre ranch into a wetlands mecca with numerous wildlife enhancements which included nearly 4 miles of slough restoration
- 2010 Currently working on our 3rd wildlife restoration property consisting of nearly 700 acres
These projects, which were located in Colorado and Wyoming, exemplify the great success brought about by Mike's expertise combined with our Polo Properties team.
Mike spent his life growing up on his family’s farm east of Cheyenne, WY and learned that hard work is what gets things done. Mike has a home in Sedalia, CO with his wife and 2 children; he is an avid hunter, pilot and enjoys gardening, boating, water skiing and watching his boys play lacrosse.